Amber & Scott Sealey
Venue: Stones of Yarra Valley
What inspired you to choose the Yarra Valley for your wedding?
The Yarra Valley for my partner and I has always been a mini escape from city life. The scenery in the yarra valley is just beautiful.
- My main highlight would have to be walking down the aisle to my husband to be who was teary. The ceremony was very special and I focused on taking every minute of it in.
- The car ride with my dad from camberwell to the yarra valley was also very special.
- Overall we had a perfect day and we would not change a thing.
What were the most meaningful moments of your wedding?
- My husbands speech was very meaningful and bought tears to my eyes it was just beautiful.
- Having my grandmothers pearls hanging from my bouquet was very special, it was “my something old” as she had received the pearls for her 21st birthday from her own grandmother. And I needed to include my grandmother in my day she means the world to me.
What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?
- We had the main singer and videographer we had requested 2 years in advance cancel on the day. The companies we had used had a backup which we received on the day and they worked out perfectly as well. I had promised myself that if things did not go to plan that it did not matter and to embrace the day which we did.
- The day goes to fast to be panicking about certain things in the end it always works out and it’s what you make of your day that matters.
What was the funniest moment of your wedding or reception?
- I would have to say; trying to do the first dance that we had lessons for. I had realised on the day our routine was not quite practical for my wedding dress. There were deffinately times during the dance where Scott had to hold me up as I kept tripping on the dress. We got there in the end and it was great fun!
Tell us about your ceremony:
- We made our ceremony personal by sharing the story of how Scott ad I met with our family and friends and including our bridal party and people that had travelled from overseas and interstate to share our special day.
- We had music that we both loved as I walked down the aisle and a singer sing “This Old Love” during the signing.
- The ceremony was very special for both of us and was probably the highlight of my day!
Was there anything you were sure was going to be a total disaster that unexpectedly turned out great?
- Not really, possibly the weather but the day was overcast and humid it all worked out in the end.
- I dont think we could have let anything ruin the day that we had waited for, for so long.
What was the most important lesson you learned from your wedding?
- Take a few days off before the wedding to relax and do those last minute things. I worked right up until the day and did everything after hours and on my lunch break.
Advice for other Yarra Valley brides:
- Our guests loved that a bus collected them from their accomodation as they could all enjoy the day/night.
- We had a wrapping station so guests got to take our wedding flowers home everyone loved this idea.
View more beautiful images from Amber & Scotts wedding!
Sharing the love xo
- Venue: Stones of Yarra Valley
- A Lavish Affair – wedding planning
- 5th Avenue Makeup
- Warren Photography – Photographer
- C2 Video – Videography
- Always Classic Cars – Cars
- Sweet By Nature – Cake
- Baker Boys – Band
- Cappellazzo Couture – Dress
- Pamela Nelson – Bridesmaid Dresses
- Soho – Groom and Groomsmen suits